From internet safety to healthy communication, here is a list of online resources to help you support your child.
WBO and Troy30c do not endorse any resource, but rather have provided links to assist you in your search for information.
Looking for a list of resources in our local community? Check out the "Community Resources" page.
- Parent Tool Kit - http://www.parenttoolkit.com/
- Positive Parenting Tips for Middle Childhood - http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/childdevelopment/positiveparenting/index.html
- Guide to Parenting Teens - http://www.boystown.org/parenting/guides/parenting-teens
- Guide to Parenting Through a Crisis - http://www.boystown.org/parenting/guides/crisis
- Guide to Parenting Today's Family (single families, divorce, blended families, grandparents) - http://www.boystown.org/parenting/guides/todays-family
- Talking with your child about school - http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/going-to-school/talking-with-kids-about-school/questions/
- School Supplies Assistance: 2017_btsf_flyer_english_final.pdf 2017_btsf_flyer_spanish_final.pdf
- 10 Homework Help Tips - http://www.scholastic.com/parents/resources/article/homework-project-tips/10-homework-help-tips
- Helping with Homework - http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/going-to-school/supporting-your-learner/homework-help/
- Chatting With Kids about Being Online - http://www.onguardonline.gov/articles/pdf-0001-netcetera.pdf
- A Parent's Guide to Mobile Phones
- A Parent's Guide to Snapchat - http://www.connectsafely.org/wp-content/uploads/snapchat_parents_guide.pdf
- A Parent's Guide to Instagram - http://www.connectsafely.org/wp-content/uploads/instagram_guide.pdf
- What is TBH? - http://nobullying.com/tbh/
- How to Restrict Your Child's App Purchasing by Age Content - http://www.bewebsmart.com/ipod-ipad-iphone/how-to-restrict-apps-by-rating/
- Available Apps to Restrict Phone Usage: http://www.phonesheriff.com/ and http://www.mmguardian.com/
Cell Phone Use Contracts for Your Student:
Available Parent Features on Major Cell Plans:
- Verizon - https://my.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/safeguards/safeguardLandingPage.action
- Sprint - https://mobilecontrols.sprint.com/welcome.htm
- TMobile - https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1725
- AT&T - https://smartlimits.att.com/#/
For More Information about Depression and Suicide Prevention (Ann Marie's Law)
- The AnnMarie Foundation has been established with the mission to prevent youth suicide and bullying by increasing internet safety through awareness and education.
- Website- annmarie.foundation
- The Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24/7.
- The Crisis Line of Will and Grundy Counties provides a 24/7 comprehensive suicide hotline that provides information, referrals, telephone counseling, suicide prevention, and suicide intervention.
For More Information about CSA Prevention Education (Erin's Law)
- Erin's Law was developed to ensure school districts teach children to tell on anyone who tries to touch their private parts. - http://erinslaw.org/
- CFC Child Protection Resources for Families - http://www.cfchildren.org/families/sexual-abuse-prevention
- National Children's Advocacy Center - http://www.nationalcac.org/prevention/for-parents2.html